Sustainable development features for Enfield ILC warehouses
NSW Ports has partnered with industrial developer Goodman to develop 12 warehouse buildings across six precincts at the Enfield ILC. Goodman prepared a new master plan for the site and, after receiving development approval, commenced staged construction in 2018.
Each warehouse will incorporate sustainable development features including:
- Rainwater collection tanks for reuse in toilet flushing and landscape irrigation.
- Solar hot water systems.
- Low volatile organic compound paints, carpets and sealants.
- Water efficient bathroom hardware.
- LED lighting to all warehouse areas.
- Translucent roof and wall sheeting to increase natural light and save electricity.
- Landscaping with low-maintenance vegetation to minimise demand for irrigation and support local biodiversity.